Sunday, February 20, 2011

HEART BEAT~~The Dance (cont'd)

I looked into his warm deep earth green eyes. I wanted to yell at him for coming into my life. I wanted to say to him, "Why did you descend from the heavens in front of me?" I didn't though. I stood in the kitchen and waited for him to answer.

"I know you heard me, " I said. The images of him floating through the rays of light were like needles in my mind.

The words, ethereal to solid danced upon the razored edge of my mind where my own reality tried to cling on to existence. I knew what I saw and heard. He came from above and he knew my name.

He stood there calm, muscles relaxed with a bit of amusement on his face. I still wanted to scream because I knew I wasn't crazy. He moved across my kitchen floor like he was floating.

"I can't tell you," he said. "Once you know, there's no turning back."

"I'm not afraid," I said.

My heart pounded so hard and loud I'm sure it sounded like a Harley Davidson was sitting in the middle of my kitchen. Feelings of anger and desire exploded in my soul. Part of me wanted all the answers to my questions while the other part...well, it didn't care what the answers were. That part just wanted to feel his arms wrapped around me again.

"Elizabeth," he said.

"Yes," I asked.

"Can I have the water please?" he asked.

I didn't want to hear leave it alone. Why leave it alone. I knew what I saw.

"I'm not afraid you know. You can't be afraid of something if you don't believe in it," I told him.

"You don't believe in what?"  he asked.

"Superstitious stuff," I told him.

He took my hand. "Close your eyes," he said.

Shocking images of a world unseen touched my soul in such a way that I shivered. I found myself standing in the middle of a mist. A fire imploded from the middle of the mist. A giant creature whose skin was the color of brazened brass and a wing span so large, I felt minuscule compared to it. It had the face of a lion and the hands of man. In it's eyes, I saw the world. Then the galaxy where our small planet resided in the stars.

Samuel wrapped his arms around my body causing my breath to leave my body. We stood a breath away and I, oh how I wanted to feel him even more. Streams of electric shock waves flowed through my veins. My body quivered.

"Is this what you want to know?" he asked. "Are you afraid now?"

I looked deep into his eyes. "I'm not afraid. I know you're a good person," I said.

"I'm not a person at all. I'm an angel. Now that you know, I mean really know. Your life will never be the same as long as I'm in it. I think it's best if I leave," he said.

He let me go. My legs barely able to hold up my body, I shook a little and tried to recover by grabbing my counter.

"Will I see you again?" I asked.

"I'll be around," he said.

He walked to my front door and walked out. He was gone in a blink, leaving me to contemplate all he had shown me. Was it all real? Did he just drug me and that was a bad trip?

Irulan, I didn't know then that there were forces so evil they could turn a soul to literal dust. I also didn't know the being I saw could swallow worlds. I knew evil existed. I mean the world was full of evil in the form of murderers, thieves and even more unimaginable human evil. The spiritual evil that existed, that was a whole other reality. My life was changed from the moment I watched Samuel descend from within the rays of light. I was never going to be the same. The dance between us began that day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lovely and so visual. Beautifully written Joann!

Joann H. Buchanan said...

Thank you sooo much! I'm glad you liked it. I'm turning this into a novel and can't wait to finish it.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More