Friday, February 11, 2011

Heart Beat~~The Dance~~

Sweet gentle snow fell like a million white feathers from the sky on the second night I had a run in with your father. There are no words to express how many butterflies raced through my body.  He came up behind me when I was unlocking  the door to my apartment. I jumped and dropped my keys  when I heard the deep calm voice that sent an electric shock through my system.

Blushing. Embarrassed. Shocked. I turned around to greet the angel whose face and voice I couldn't get out of my mind. I chided myself on more than one occasion about this.

"Oh, it's you. Hello," I said in a cold voice.

What I really wanted to do was run into his arms, but I didn't. I played it cool. I knew what I saw and I didn't want to be reminded of how stupid I sounded when it came out.

"Yep, it's me," he said, bending over to pick up my keys.

His green eyes shined bright in the darkened night, so much so that I almost melted when I looked into them. I avoided eye contact for that reason. Instead, I fidgeted with the keys in my hand. I was so annoyed with the fact that I wanted to behave like a silly swooning school girl. How could I let myself fall for this man who wasn't a man? Why would he even want me? There wasn't anything special about me. I was short. I didn't have pretty blue eyes, nope, I had brown. I also didn't have that "grace" some other women had when they walked into a room. I was not someone an angel would be interested in.

"What are you doing, stalking me now?" I asked.

"No. I just wanted to see you again. We didn't end on a good note the other day," he said.

"Well, I know what I saw. So as long as you're willing to say it was all in my head, that's how it's going to be," I told him.

I heard my own voice yell in my head. What are you crazy?  He's handsome. Sweet. Gorgeous and an angel so he probably can't or won't hurt you.

I ignored the voice and turned the key in the lock. "Well, it's cold out here. I'm going to go inside. Is there anything else?"

A smile formed on his face as if I amused him on some level. Thanking my lucky stars it was night, I blushed again. The fluffy snow blanketed my feet.

"I would prefer to talk in private. If that's ok with you?" he asked. His mannerisms were slow and calm.

I thought about it for a second. What could he tell me that I didn't already know and how would I know if what he said was true? A sense of self doubt filled my soul. I knew who I was and here Samuel was making me question my own instincts. I hated that more than anything else.

A chill filled my body and my teeth began to chatter. "Ok, fine. You can come in, but if you make one wrong move,  I have to warn you, I have a gun,"  I told him.

He laughed at that, but stepped into the door behind me. I turned the light on and hung my coat up. My heart pounded so hard and loud, I was sure again that he could hear it. My mind fell apart for a moment. All I could thing of was what it would be like to touch his hand or have him hold me in his arms again like he had in the field the day we met.

He stood next to the door with his long black coat on without saying a word. For a second I thought maybe he was just unsure of what to do. I put my keys on the small antique table next to the door. The walked into the kitchen. "So, do angels eat or drink?" I asked.

A smile formed on his face, "I don't know about that, but water would be good," he said.

"Fine," I said. "Water it is."
"I'm not going to get you to admit you were just faint and passed out, am I?" he asked.

"No. It's just, I know I'm not crazy," I said.

"No one would believe you," he said.

"I wasn't going to say anything. I just need to know that I'm not losing my mind," I said.

He took a deep breath in and let out a sigh. "You have no idea what you're asking for. When you know, there's no going back and the evil that shows itself to you is worse than anything you can ever imagine," he said.

To be continued in a soon to be published version...I hope...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More